Monday, June 8, 2009

Fun Flickr Finds/Weekend Craziness

Nwiserszy via Flickr CarrieLynn via Flickr Sarah_85 via Flickr

So this weekend was absolute madness for me with respect to my current boy situation. I feel a little torn deciding between what I want in my life at the moment. Its incredibly difficult at this age to date people because I always feel this overwhelming pressure to be looking forward into the distance future. I feel pressure from my family, people around me, and maybe even myself a little about when am I going to be settled down for good. Part of me wants to be done with searching around for the right person, but there is still a significant part of me that likes the independence and freedom that comes with not being married yet. I know that sounds incredibly selfish, but I guess I would rather take the time to be selfish at this point in my life when its not affected anyone else but myself. I have never been good at dating around or dating multiple people at a time, and I feel like sometimes I settle into relationships that seem comfortable and easy. There are so many great people out there, and how do I know who is truly right for me? Who I might think is perfect for me, my family or friends disagree and vice versa. I guess I shouldn't worry about it too much yet, but this weekend's activities made me start pondering on this a little deeper. I hate hurting people's feelings, and I love staying friends with everyone. I know that is selfish and unrealistic, but its just hard to know how to differentiate my feelings.

Enough of this personal stuff.

Thanks for listening.

Steph

1 comment:

aubrey said...

Ah, I've totally been there. I always stress about making the right decisions and investing into something worthwhile - I mean, no one likes to waste time on the wrong person. I feel ya!!

I like looking at people's previous posts.. you know Kale? Small world!!