Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hotty Toddy

And no that's not my pet name for my boyfriend...

I found this recipe over at one of my favortie blogs poppytalk.  Is this wrong that I have been craving this and its not even close to lunchtime yet?  I think not.



Hot Chocolate Toddy

2 cups milk
1/3 cup dark or bittersweet chocolate wafers
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon vanilla (semi booze, awesome)
1 1/2 ounces of whiskey, bourbon or brandy (real booze, even better)

In a small saucepan, heat milk and chocolate over medium-high heat. Add in salt and vanilla and whisk until chocolate melts and the mixture gets hot.  Remove from heat and pour in the booze.  Divide into two large mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick if you like (but I mean, really how many of us actually have cinnamon sticks lying around the house...unless you are Martha Stewart...or my Grandma)

This might just be my drink of choice this weekend.

No comments: