Friday, February 5, 2010

Bedroom/Closet Ideas

I have always been interested in DIY projects and unique home decor. I was looking around and came across the "Wardrobe Armoire". I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy an old piece of ornate furniture and paint it a rich, pearlized color. The armoire below is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I could afford something as beautiful as this, let alone have the space to put it in my bedroom. I think when I move into my next place I will be investing in a beautiful piece like this or will start a DIY project to achieve this look.


I have noticed recently that my closet has become jam packed with clothes. My walk-in (let me repeat, walk-in) closet is not able to hold all of my clothes, shoes, coats, etc. anymore. Since the armoire is not the most practical option at the moment, I was thinking about buying a cute garment rack that could display some of my favorite pieces of clothing I own. I have a decently-sized open space in my bedroom where I could house this beauty. Plus I can roll it around when it gets in my way.


One of my friends from college's roommate is in fashion design. In her bedroom she had a dress form that she actually used to create her pieces. I have seen how people use these dress forms as decoration though too and I think it is such a fun idea. I would love to have one in my room to put jewelry or a scarve or pins on. I found some ahhh-maze-ing ones online. Why is it that the most fabulous things come from France?!

No comments: