-Black acrylic paint mixed 2:1 with fabric medium
1. Fold and sew a 1-2" hem around all the edges of the duck cloth.
2. Cut your freezer paper strips into 2" pieces. Cut those into pieces 3 3/4", 5 5/8", and a few pieces just under 2" squares.
3. Lay the strips out on the rug at one corner. Use a 45 degree angle. Iron it down in rows.
4. In order to space the next row, use the spare strips or a ruler to measure 2" from the top row.
5. Repeat this all the way down. Paint in the spaces and once done, peel off the freezer paper.
a lot more tedious and time consuming but so worth it if you have the patience!